Thursday, May 30, 2013

Easy Brownie-in-a-Mug recipe

I know, a recipe has nothing to do books (unless you read recipe books!), but I had to provide this recipe for a link.

This is my recipe tweak, and I couldn't find anything similar online, so here goes. This is super easy, quick, low-fat, and heavenly for anyone with a hankering for chocolate.

3/4 cup brownie mix from box (I use Betty Crocker or Pillsbury)
3 T water
1 T applesauce (or vegetable oil if you desire the more fattening version)
1/8 cup chocolate chips

Stir together brownie mix, water, and applesauce in the mug. Microwave for 1 minute. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and microwave 1 minute more. Remove from microwave and cool for 10 minutes. Top with ice cream.

Sorry I don't have an artsy picture to accompany the recipe. Just close your eyes and picture a chocolate chip covered brownie in a mug . . . there you go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment