Thursday, January 17, 2013

Reached


Reached by Ally Condie

Ugh. I finally “reached” the end! I really tried to like Reached, but it was laborious, like wading through a thick marsh. I’ve read and reviewed Matched and Crossed, the first novels in this trilogy; I liked them. But in this round Cassia, the smart heroine I used to admire, spent almost the whole 512 pages in a poetry-inflicted haze.

Plot: aah, I can’t. Okay, I'll try. The Rising (rebellion against the Society, or government) has taken hold. Cassia, Ky, and Xander join the Rising, helping to combat the Society’s plague. But soon a mutated form of the plague develops, and the three characters must help the Pilot (leader of the Rising) find a cure. That’s the gist, I think. And Xander loves Cassia and Cassia loves Ky.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan,

    Please email me at: arslanzhd1@gmail.com
    I need your services in writing and posting.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete